Assignment Choices Page
(50) 2. Write a letter from one character to another and a reply letter. (These should reflect the charactersí attitude and should be 1 page typed, double spaced, size 12 font, per letter to indicate real knowledge of the book.)
(75) 3. Create an ABC booklet. Each letter needs to be represented by a typed statement (4-5 sentences each) that explains the connection of the word to the text, a picture AND accompanying text with page numbers.
(40) 4. Create three poems reflecting different charactersí points of view. Be sure to use poetic devices/figurative language. (at least 20 lines per poem, typed)
(60) 5. Create a music CD and cover for a soundtrack. Include at least 10 songs by professional artists . For each song provide a brief typed summary (minimum 1 paragraph) and a rationale (minimum 1 paragraph) which explains how the song is connected to themes, characters, events, etc. Do not use more than 2 songs by same artist or group.
(25) 7. Connect the themes from the novel with a modern day movie with similar themes. Do not choose a movie of the book. (1-2 pages typed, double-spaced, size 12 font)
(60) 8. Choose 10 important quotes from the novel; provide drawings that illustrate each quote and typed explanations of the importance of the quotes to the novel as a whole. (1-2 paragraphs per quote)
(60) 10. Create a collage that reflects a major theme. Incorporate at least 10 supporting quotes from the novel on the collage. Provide an 1-2 page typed explanation of the theme, and the images and quotes you chose and their connections to the theme. Please attach to the back of the collage. Half a piece of poster board is fine.
(25) 17. Write a letter to a friend recommending the novel. Your letter should clearly express what criteria you are using to judge the work and must have specific details showing knowledge of the book. 1-2 pages typed, double spaced, size 12 font
(25) 18. Imagine this book has been banned by the local school board; provide a rationale for how this book is educationally relevant. Write a 3-5 minute speech expressing your rationale. Your speech should clearly express what criteria you are using to judge the work. (minimum 2 pages typed, double-spaced, size 12 font)
(60) 19. Write your own song, lyrics and music, that reflects the mood of the novel. Provide a recording and explanation.
(50) 22. Choose 5 symbols and create an artistic representation for each that expresses both their literal and figurative meanings. Provide a typed 1-2 paragraph explanation for each.
(40) 23. Create a power point presentation exploring the use of irony (or other literary term) within the novel. Be sure to provide specific examples from the book and explanations. Provide a print out of the slides as well as the disk with the power point. You may also email it as an attachment.
(50) 24. Visually depict 5 important characters; label each character with at least three character traits and provide at least three supporting quotes from the book for each trait.
(25) 25. If you could enter the novel as an additional character, how would that impact the events of the novel? Explain what character you would be (this should be an additional character) and the impact you would have on the action and the other characters. You MUST demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the novel. 1-2 pages typed, double-spaced, size 12 font